Wednesday 1 May 2013

Evaluation: 1) In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Real media products are created and revealed in certain ways so that an audience can understand and interpret the codes and conventions of the media product.
I found it very important when creating my media products that I included the forms and conventions as I wanted to portray my products as ‘real’.
This blog post will show the ways I have developed and challenged forms and conventions of real media products in my advanced production.

Here are my ancillary tasks and I am going to the comparison with my work and real existing products to show how I challenged and developed forms and conventions.


 Here is clips of my video of where we have developed and challenged forms of conventions:

The first shot was incluenced from The Kings of Leon. The group decided to use a similar overlay effect. The convention was developed and challenged by appling it to a different genre, however by using the convention in a different way, the effect was able to suit the projects genre.

The next shot of the close-up of the main singer was influenced from the music video Sex is on Fire. The group decided to take a similar shot, a slow zoom from the side into the singer. The convention was slightly developed and challenged as the way the singer was standing and singer was different, so that the convention was now unique to the media product.
The shot of the close-up guitarist was from a Green Day music video. This influenced us to take similar shots to follow on the converntion especially as this is the same genre as our music video.
Lastly, the final shot was of memories that was shown in the narrative. We found this in quite a few different music videos. However the one that influence us was in the pop genre so we challenged the convention and used it for a completely different genre, alternative rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment