Tuesday 12 February 2013

How existing products have influenced our logo ideas

There are a variety of different elements that I have found that would help me to design my own logo for the music video. The majority of features that will influence my designs are the codes and conventions, that I found run through out each of the logos.
The first convention that I noticed was that all of the logos I evaluated use of the large bold font. By using this it stands out and catches the audiences eye.

Although the fonts are always large and bold, the style of each logo is different. Each style is unique to each band and the audience can recognise this is their specific logo for the band. This is a definate element that I will take into consideration when creating my logo.

The use of black and white seems to be a code and convention that is followed by each of the logos. The two colours do contrast with each other and make the logo more eye-catching. It will also stand out when your putting the logo on a coloured background.

I like the use of the 'Dotted' effect. This makes the lgo more appealing to the audience, I will consider using a diverse font when creating my band logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment